Monday, April 18, 2011
Chicken with Wilted Spinach and Tomatoes
12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast
1.5 cups grape tomatoes, halved
3 cups spinach, with stems trimmed off.
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp minced garlic
1/4 cup balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing (lo-cal)
2 ounces feta cheese
1.Use rack and bake chicken on the oven. I sprayed a no cal butter spray on top and salted and peppered the chicken. When chicken has about 10 minutes left to cook start the next step.
2. Melt butter in large pan on stove top at medium-high heat
3. Add garlic and increase heat slightly, cook garlic for about a minute.
4. Add tomatoes to garlic and butter and cook for about 5 minutes, letting the flavors mix.
5. When tomatoes are slightly browned and well heated add the balsamic dressing.
6. Pile the spinach on top and let it steam for 2-3 mins, then start folding the mixture together.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Place Chicken on plate, pile veggies and sauce on top and sprinkle a small amount of feta on top. Serve immediately.
Note: This dish does not really re-heat well, the spinach gets kind of slimy.
My husband does not typically like tomatoes cooked this way but he tore into this and claimed it Olive Garden Worthy.