Thursday, April 28, 2011
Turkey Stuffed Butternut Squash
Admittedly not the prettiest thing I've ever made, however: very, very good.
2 small butternut squash
1 pound ground turkey breast
1/2 cup instant brown rice
1/2 cup egg beaters
1/8 cup minced onion
1/8 cup minced garlic
1. Halve squash and scoop out inside leaving 1/2 inch in skin
2. Mix Turkey, rice, egg beaters, onion, garlic, salt and pepper together in a bowl
3. Fill the squash halves with turkey mixture. You may have some turkey left over, I made a small loaf and cooked it with the squash in the oven, Mini Meatloaf!
4. Cook for 45-60 minutes at 350 degrees or until a fork easily slides into the flesh of the squash.
5. Remove from the oven ans sprinkle cheese on top, allow cheese to melt and serve warm with a dollop of sour cream.
Calories per serving: 351, I used cheap ground turkey, leaner meat would decrease the calories, using veggies instead is another option which I am sure I will be exploring soon.